Another programme created by Intuit to fix the installation of the QuickBooks software is the QuickBooks clean install tool. This programme will not only assist you in resolving any problems you may encounter when using or opening the QuickBooks application, but it will also address problems with other QuickBooks components. The tool is great to use and won’t harm any data aside from this.
You must carefully download and install the QuickBooks clean install tool if you want to avoid running into any problems when using it. To use the tool properly, you must adhere to a method.
The Best Time to Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool has a variety of applications. A list of all the circumstances in which the tool is appropriate to use is provided below.
- Despite your best efforts, you are encountering an installation issue.
- If the problem cannot be resolved while installing the QuickBooks application.
- If you’re attempting to open several company files that are available on the network.
Prior to using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, keep these things in mind
The following list of considerations should be kept in mind before downloading and installing the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool on your computer. In order to avoid problems, make sure you meet all the prerequisites.
- You must first confirm that you have the product key and an active licence number on hand. You can find the number on the packaging if you’re using a CD to install QuickBooks. In addition to this, you must look for the confirmation email if you downloaded or bought the application.
- The firm file data must then be backed up so that you do not lose any important information during the procedure.
- To perform the backup procedure in any other case, you must put the flash drive into your PC. Using any of the aforementioned techniques, you can make a backup of the data.
- To do this, you must first generate a backup before launching QuickBooks.
- The next step is to hit the File tab and then select the option to restore the company file.
- Select whether you want to utilise a local drive or a remote server to restore the backup now.
- To finish the file backup, click Next and adhere to all the on-screen instructions.
The Whole Procedure for Downloading, Installing, and Using the Tool
If you’ve never used the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool before, you might not be familiar with how to download and use it on your computer. You may quickly download, install, and use the utility by following the detailed instructions in the section below.
Step 1: Installing and Downloading the Tool
- First, make sure QuickBooks and all other background activities are all stopped running on your PC.
- You must now download the application after visiting the official Intuit website.
- Save the downloaded file to your computer’s desktop.
- When finished, locate the file you downloaded with the name quickbooksclean installtool.exe and click on it.
- Your system will now launch the installation window.
- Next, your machine will display the licence agreement. Next, you must select “I accept” by tapping.
- You must now select the QuickBooks version. After that, select Continue.
- Following that, the screen will display the message “QuickBooks is ready to try a clean installation and you’ll install this to the default directory.” Press the OK button once.
Step 2: Reinstall QuickBooks
You must uninstall QuickBooks from your system first if you want to install it again on the device. The utility will then need to be reinstalled using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Delete QuickBooks from your system
- Start by launching the screen’s Run window. To accomplish this, simultaneously press the R key and the Windows key on the keyboard.
- You must type “control panel” in the Run window, then hit the OK
- You must now locate the drop-down menu under the programme’s choice. Select the option for programmes and features.
- The QuickBooks application will then need to be clicked twice in order to be deleted from the computer.
- When finished, follow all the instructions that show on your screen to finish the procedure.
Changing the Installation Name of the Folder
The next stage in the procedure is to alter the downloaded file’s and folder’s names so that you can see all concealed files. To modify the name of the file, just add dmg or OLD at the end. The steps that you must take are listed below.
- You must first tap the start icon before locating the File Explorer menu.
- You must tap on the folder where your corporate file is kept in the file explorer.
- The directories are located at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- When you locate the correct folder, you must right-click on its name and then select the rename option from the menu.
- After that, you must type OLD before the file extension. You can distinguish between the old and new folders with the aid of this.
- Don’t forget to save the folder’s name modification.
- In the end, you’ll have to move forward with installing QuickBooks on the system.
You must have used the steps in this article to help you use the QuickBooks clean install tool to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software on your computer. For more information about the tool, you can speak with our QuickBooks desktop support team.
Additionally, you can reach out to us at any time because our customer support services are offered around-the-clock.
QuickBooks clean install tool:Postingmil.com