In today’s world, portable air conditioners are quite common. As they are used commonly, the question arises of how to vent a portable air conditioner without a window. There are different ways to vent portable air conditioners without proper vents. For this purpose, you can search for dryer vent cleaning in Atlanta to reach out to a cleaning agency.
This article will guide you to vent a portable air conditioner without a window and its other aspects.
How Does A Portable Air Conditioner Work?
Commonly, a portable AC needs a vent to work effectively. It sucks the warm air from the room and throws it outside. Thus, it lowers the temperature of the room. It also sucks the air from the outside and cools it down. Then it returns that cold air to the room. A portable AC needs a vent to perform this air exchange between the outside and inside environments. Therefore, if we do not provide any vent to the air conditioner, it will start exhausting the warm air into the room. In that way, the air conditioner will fail to do its duty.
Install Your Air Conditioner Through The Dryer Vent:
Using dryer vents as a vent for your portable AC is not the wisest option. However, we can use these ducts when no other option is left. The reason is that normally, the size of dryer vents is comparatively smaller than the size of your pipe.
You need to use force to insert the AC pipe into the dryer vent. If you are using dryer ducts, you need to make sure that you clean your ducts regularly. Either you can do it at home or contact professional cleaners.
This method is quite dangerous and hazardous. Firstly, dryer vents may not remove the hot air completely. This combination is more likely to cause a fire. Therefore, experts do not recommend it.
Install Your Air Conditioner Through The Door:
However, we will tell you how to install an AC without a vent.
Our rooms can be windowless, but they can’t be door less. Therefore, we will use a door as a vent for our AC. A sliding door is also equally effective in this procedure. In addition to this, there are specific kits available in the market to vent an ac through the door. You can use these kits to install your AC on the door.
However, the hose pipes or portable AC are not long, so you need to install ac near the door. If you have installed your ac far from the door, you need to use longer pipes. In other cases, your AC won’t be able to exhaust warm air from the room.
Moreover, make sure that you have tightly sealed the hose pipes of the AC so that warm air does not return to the room.
Install Your Air Conditioner Through The Wall
Another way to install an ac without a vent is to drill a hole in the wall. This method is most commonly used as it provides a permanent solution. Moreover, venting an AC through the door is not safe.
How To Vent An Air Conditioner Through The Wall:
- Firstly, drill a hole in the wall. Make sure that you have chosen a wall exposed to the external environment. The diameter of the hole depends on your hose pipe’s diameter. You need to be cautious in this process, as any mistake made can not be reversed.
- Secondly, after you have drilled a hole in the wall, cut the tip of your pipe at a 45° angle. Insert this tip in the hole. After that, secure the pipe in the hole by using a silicone caulk. For this, you can use any caulking gun.
- Lastly and most importantly, it would be best to use the right tools to drill a hole in the wall. Otherwise, you won’t be able to reverse the mistake. To avoid mistakes, you can see the architectural plan of your home.
Now that you have installed AC through the wall, you need to clean your ducts more often. As they are directly exposed to the environment and weather changes, there are high chances that your pipes can get dirty very easily. You can get them cleaned by any professional agency which offers cleaning services.
Install Your Air Conditioner Through The Ceiling:
Venting an AC through the ceiling is another effective way to install a portable AC. For this process, experts mostly prefer drop ceilings.
- Firstly and most importantly, you need to inspect the right place for your ac in the ceiling. Most of the ceilings are humid and moist. So there is a high chance of mold growth in the pipes. To avoid this, you need to clean the ceiling and ducts regularly. You can contact any agency which provides a cleaning service. If you are a resident of Atlanta, you can contact mold air duct cleaning in Atlanta. They have skilled and experienced cleaners.
- Secondly, you need to drill a hole in the ceiling big enough to accommodate the pipe of your AC.
- Thirdly, make sure that you do not destroy the ceilings’ electricity wires and ceiling panels.
Install Your Air Conditioner Through The Chimney:
If you want to use a chimney to vent your AC, you need to make sure that you do not use this chimney anymore.
The procedure is quite simple. Just insert the pipe through the chimney. After that, use silicone caulk. Hold the hose pipe in its place.
Again, this process is dangerous, so the experts do not recommend it.
In conclusion, we can say that it is easy to vent any portable AC by using a wall or ceiling. But you need to be very careful when you are installing it. Use the proper guide and seek professional help if required.