National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level medical entrance examination in India. It is conducted for admission to undergraduate MBBS and BDS courses in government, private, and deemed universities in India. NEET replaced the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) which was previously held by individual states. online mock test for neet
It is conducted in India every year. It is used as the sole admission test by more than 60% of medical colleges in India for admission to five-year MBBS degree courses.
The Union Government has decided to constitute a National Testing Agency (NTA) as a Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860, to carry out entrance examinations for higher educational institutions.
NEET is conducted for admission to various graduate and undergraduate level medical science courses across India. Some of these courses are
- MBBS(Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Science),
- BSMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)
- BAMS ( Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery)
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery)
- BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery)
NEET is conducted in 13 different regional languages of India like
- Telugu, and
Register with NEET 2022- A step By Step Process
The registration process is a must for all those who have to appear for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). The registration process is done online. The online application process is fairly simple but we have written a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do it.
First Step-Filling out Names
Write Your Name, your mother’s name, and your father’s names in Capital letters only. Use the name given in your Matriculation certificate.
2nd Step- Date of Birth
Write your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format where D-Date, M-Month, and Y-Year. Use the date of birth used in your matric (10th or High School) certificate.
3rd Step- Identification Details
The next step is to give your identification details. You can use any one of the following documents for identification.
- Aadhaar Card Number,
- 12th Admit Card No
- Voter ID Card No,
- Ration Card Number
- Bank Passbook Number
- Passport Number
4th Step- Mobile No
Use your own mobile number or your parent or guardian’s phone only. It is used for sending and receiving messages, OTPs, and other purposes.
5th Step-Email ID
Give your email ID or your parent’s email Id for any email communication.
6th Step- PIN Code
Use your area PIN code for receiving any mail communication through postal or courier.
7th Step- Choose your Caste
The next step is to choose the caste category you fall into. These are the castes available in the drop-down
- General-EWS (Economically Weaker Section)
- SC (Scheduled Caste)
- ST (Scheduled Tribe) &
- OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)
8th Step- Nationality
The next step is to choose your Nationality. For example, choose Indian if you are an Indian citizen or foreign national if you are from outside India.
9th Step- PWD
Here you can choose PWD (persons with disabilities) if you fall into that category.
10th Step- Choice of Examination Cities
In this step, you can choose your preferable examination centre. You can choose any one of the preferred locations in India.
11th Step- Medium of Question Paper
NEET is conducted in 13 different regional languages like English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. You can choose your preferred language from the above list.
12th Step- Academic Details (10th, 11th & 12th)
Here you have to fill in your details for the 10th, 11th, and 12th board exams. You have to enter your board name, exam name, percentage secured, passing year, etc.
13th Step- Candidate’s Photograph(JPG)
You need to upload a photo in Jpg format only. This photo can be of passport or postcard size and the sizes for such photos have been described well in the examination website portal.
14th Step- Candidate’s Signature(JPG)
In the next step, you have to upload the signature specimen copy in JPG format only. Write your signature on a piece of paper and scan it with good resolution for clarity. Keep the file size to a maximum of 110 KB.
15th Step- Candidate’s Left-hand thumb Impression(JPG)
After Signature, you have to give your left-hand thumb impression image in JPG format only. Give your left-hand thumb impression n a blank paper and then scan it. Use high resolution for better clarity but keep it to 110 kb in size maximum.
16th Step- Payment of Fee
In the next step, you have to make the payment for the application fee. You can make payments through credit/debit cards, Online banking, Internet banking, and mobile banking.
17th Step-Receipt of Online Application Fee and Form
In the last step, you will get a receipt of the payment of the application fee. Once it is successful you can go ahead and submit your application. Now the application is finally submitted successfully.
Application Fees for different categories
The application fees vary for different categories like General, OBcm, SC, ST, and PWDs. Let’s see the fees for them,
Tentative Application Fees for General category- Rs.1500
Application Fees for General- EWS (Economical Weaker Section) and OBC(Other Tentative Application Fees for Other Backward Caste(OBC)- Rs.1400
Tentative Application Fees for Scheduled Caste (SC)- Rs.800
Application Fees for Scheduled Tribe (ST)- Rs.800
Tentative Application Fees for PWDs(Persons with Disability(es)- Rs. 800
Application Fees for Third Gender- Rs.800
Tentative Application Fees for Foreign Nationals- Rs.7500
Documents Required for the Online Application process
While filling up the online application form you have to fill in many details and also upload various documents at various stages. We have listed all the list of documents which are necessary. So keep these documents handy while applying for the online registration for NEET 2022.
- Photograph- Latest Passport size Photograph. The format should be JPG only. The recommended size of the image file is 10 kb to 200 kb. In case it is a postcard size photo, not a passport photo the size allowed is 4inches X 6 inches and the compatible format is JPG. The recommended size of the image file is 10 kb – 200 kb.
- Signature- You need to upload a clear image of your scanned signature. The format supported is JPG only. The recommended size of the image files is 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Thumb Impression- You need to upload the original Left-hand thumb impression. the compatible format is JPG. The recommended size of the image file is 10 kb – 200 kb.
- Class 10th/ High School/ Matriculation passed certificate. You can upload it in PDF format. The recommended file size is 50 kb to 300 kb.
- The next document required for completing the online application form is the Category certificate. Some of the categories available in the drop-down are SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc. in PDF format. The recommended file size is 50 kb to 300 kb.
- The next document required for completing the online application form is the PwBD Category. Some of the categories available in the drop-down are SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc. in PDF format. The recommended file size is 50 kb to 300 kb.
- Citizenship Certificate/ Embassy Certificate: If you are a foreign national then you have to get the citizen’s certificate. The recommended file format is available is 50 kb to 300 kb.
Things to Take care of While Filling the Online Application Form
Here are some of the important things that need to take care of while filling out the online application form,
- No change request is entertained so fill carefully and meticulously.
- Do not leave incomplete Applications as they will be rejected.
- Only one application has to be submitted by one applicant.
- OTP will be sent to the registered number only and it is valid for 25 minutes only.
- Keep a Scanned Photograph ready in JP format
- Scanned Signature ready in JPG format
- Photocopy of the Left-Hand thumb impression in JPg format
- Class 10(High School) Passing Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate or Embassy Certificate (in case of a foreign national)
Apart from these above things you are going to need these things
- A mobile number
- An Email Id
- High School or Class 10 marks and percentage
- (+2) or Class 12 marks and percentage
- Identity Proof- Aadhar Card number/ Voter ID No/ Ration Card number/ bank account
- Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking for Payment of application fee
In a world of increasing competition, the importance of higher education cannot overstated. The National Eligibility and Entrance Test, or NEET, is an all-India examination that offers admissions to medical institutions across the country. It is important to know how to register for NEET as well as which documents are necessary before you take this life-changing exam.