It can be described as the series of actions that are performed outside of your web page . And that they have the mission of improving your position in the search engine results. It is also known as off-site SEO , which would literally mean “ off-page SEO ”.
Differences between SEO On Page and SEO Off Page
It is key to get to know SEO Off Page better , to be clear about its difference with respect to SEO On Page.
The latter is defined as the actions you carry out on your own website , and make Google have a better perception of your page and, therefore, improve your ranking in the SERPs .
The actions involved in SEO On Page may be related to:
- Content quality (if you have an e-commerce site, it would be the description of your products)
- Choice of Keywords or keywords
- Placement of images , videos and infographics
In the case of Off Page SEO , as the actions are those that happen outside, you really have practically little (or no) influence. You can also contact Professional SEO Services Agency
In these cases, search engines are carried away by signals that come from other sites to determine the positioning of your own website. These factors are:
- Links that lead to your page
- Interactions in different social networks
- User reviews
Why off page SEO is vital
If you want to improve Google results , SEO On Page factors are as important as SEO Off Page.
Google ‘s priority is to give users the best options for the searches they perform. And for the giant, the “external” signals are fundamental , because they indicate what is the perception that people have about a particular website.
The bottom line is that Off Page SEO is crucial to growing the relevance, reliability, and authority of a page.
Thinking about it practically, it is clear that, if a website other than yours speaks well of your brand and/or recommends your products , it is a truly reliable source … because it comes from someone with no direct interest!
Different techniques used to optimize SEO Off Page
There are 4 correct SEO Off Page strategies that can help you increase online reputation , increasing the visibility of your brand:
- Linkbuilding : Link building aims to increase the number of external sites that redirect traffic to your page . It can be considered as the basis of the SEO Off Page strategy : the more links that point to you, the greater the authority of your website.
- Social Networks : no one can fail to see that more and more consumers are searching the networks for information about a brand, product or service , before making a related purchase. Having a profile of your brand on social networks where your target audience is is very important. You must keep them active, answer your customers’ questions and control everything that is said about your brand on the different networks … in order to react to possible criticism!
- Forums : back in the day, it was considered as “spam” by search engines. But they are a good opportunity to influence the perception of a brand.
- Opinions : in addition to being an excellent marketing tool , they are key to maintaining an acceptable online reputation. The famous opinion “stars” are good allies of search engines . The more positive reviews you add from sites like Google My Business and the like (an example may be Trusted Shops ), the more your product’s positioning on the Internet will grow.
Conclusion on SEO Off Page
Optimizing SEO Off Page is related to the goal of building a better brand image.
The signals that come from it are of great importance for both search engines and users . Google takes them into account to decide the ranking of your website in the SERPS. While Internet users consider them to conclude whether your product is reliable or not.
The number of online stores is growing more and more. For this reason it is an arduous struggle to stand out from so much competition . You have to get them to speak well of you !