The Eagles made a statement in top time with a dominant. 24-7 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night time, soccer within the domestic opener at Lincoln financial field.
The Eagles gave lovers plenty, to cheer approximately, as quarterback Jalen Hurts turned into masterful, throwing for 333 yards on 26-of-31 passing.
He opened the sport connecting, on his first 11 pass tries, setting a new career high. Hurts had one touchdown passing – a BOMB to Ques Watkins for 53 yards – and speeding rankings in addition, to every other 57 yards at the floor.
The defense held up, its end of a good deal. after the Eagles raced out to a 24-7 halftime, lead by means of keeping the Vikings scoreless, within the second half.
Cornerback Darius Slay, positioned himself in function to be the NFC protective player. A week with interceptions and 5 pass breakups, even as preserving Vikings megastar wide receiver Justin Jefferson in the test. The defense compelled 3 turnovers – all Kirk Cousins interceptions – and the Eagles are 2-0 with their first NFC East showdown up subsequent on Sunday in Washington. right here’s how the sport unfolded:
The Eagles took the opening kickoff and marched eighty-two yards
In eleven plays as Jalen Hurts finished off the pressure by barreling through three Vikings shielding players for a 3-yard touchdown run, his 2nd of the season. Devonta Smith stuck his first bypass of the season on the primary play from scrimmage, a 5-backyard benefit.
Important thing play of the power turned into a third-and-13 skip to A.J. Brown, his first reception as an Eagle at Lincoln monetary subject, for a 19-yard benefit to the Minnesota 10-yard line. Hurts become five-for-5 for 63 yards with completions to four specific receivers. Miles Sanders introduced 14 ground yards on includes. Eagles lead 7-zero with nine:09 remaining within the first sector.
Spotlight: Jalen Hurts’ keeper on examine alternative goes for three-backyard TD
- The Eagles ended the primary sector with a 7-0 defense forced punts. Darius Slay broke up a skip intended for huge receiver Justin Jefferson on 1/3 down on the Vikings’ first drive. Then, James Bradberry denied a bypass intended for a tight give-up Irv pass to give up the second power. The Vikings controlled just 10 yards of offense within the first zone.
- WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Jalen Hurts went deep to Quis Watkins, who was given at the back of the entire Minnesota protection for a 53-yard touchdown to extend the Eagles’ cause 14-zero with 14:52 left inside the first 1/2. Hurts is 10-of-10 for 154 yards and a landing.
The Viking’s solution again after the Watkins with a nine-play,
75-yard touchdown power. The Vikings transformed two 0.33-down situations – a 3rd-and-1 with a cease round to Jalen Reagor for 17 yards then a third-and-6 with a bypass to okay. Osborne for 15 yards. Tight end Irv Smith stuck a 2-backyard landing skip from Kirk Cousins to get Minnesota on the board.
Jalen Hurts finished his first 11 passes. the first incompletion came with 7:08 left within the first 1/2 on a nicely-placed ball to tight stop Dallas Goedert in visitors that the Vikings were capable to break up.
With 1:58 left inside the first half,
the Eagles expand the lead with a 26-yard touchdown run by way of Jalen Hurts. Return-to-lower-back passes to Devonta Smith gained 19 and 16 yards, respectively, to start the drive. Miles Sanders introduced nine yards, on the floor, and Boston Scott introduced, sixteen yards two plays later. Eagles lead 21-7.
Much like the ultimate week in Detroit,
the Eagles capitalized on an end-of-1/2 drive to extend to result in 24-7 at the intermission. Pinned at their 5-backyard line, Jalen Hurts opened with a nine-yard benefit on a designed run.
After converting the primary down, the Eagles have been going through a third-and-6 whilst the Vikings called timeout. Hurts Devonta Smith for 16 yards and links up with Dallas Goedert for back-to-back plays of 19 and 24 yards respectively to put the crew in position for a 38-yard field goal.
- Jalen Hurts completed the primary half with 251 passing yards on 17-of-20 tries, 50 dashing yards, and 3 total touchdowns. Dallas Goedert leads the pass catchers with 64 yards, Quis Watkins (69 yards) and Devonta Smith (64) are right in the back of him.
A promising Vikings drive became thwarted via Darius Slay’s first interception of the year on a Kirk Cousins pass meant for Justin Jefferson. Slay has tailed Jefferson for a large part of the nighttime. The Vikings were on the Eagles’ 19-backyard line, the interception on the intention line.
The Eagles had been poised, to tack on any other 3 factors, the Vikings blocked the forty-one-backyard Jake Elliott’s strive. Patrick Peterson knocked down the presenting and Minnesota again it to the Eagles’ 30-yard line. The Eagles were given in scoring function thanks to two completions to A.J. Brown that netted 23 and 12 yards, respectively.
The protection took it away, after the blocked area aim.
Kirk Cousins’ 1/3-and-7 try and Adam Thielen become intercepted by Avonte Maddox for his first pick of the season. Maddox again it to the Eagles’ 15-backyard line.
• it’s been all protection for the Eagles in the 2nd 1/2. With just eight:18 left in the game, Fletcher Cox sacked the Vikings’ quarterback and forced a fumble, which was recovered by the Eagles to give the Eagles the ball again.
• The Vikings force a turnover as Kenneth Gainwell could not accumulate the quick skip on a perspective or Texas route from quarterback Jalen Hurts and it changed into intercepted with the aid of former Eagle Jordan Hicks. It was again 19 yards to the Eagles’ nine-yard line.
• SLAY SLAY!!!
The Pro Bowl cornerback registered his 2nd interception of the game in the end quarter on a bypass meant for wide receiver Justin Jefferson to get the Eagles the ball back with 7:07 left.
The Vikings went 1-for-4 within the purple region as protecting finish Josh Sweat sacked quarterback Kirk Cousins on the game’s final play, a third-and-purpose from the Eagles’ 11-yard line that went for no gain.