Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a monthly retirement savings plan to which both public and private sector employees contribute a fixed proportion of their salaries. In fact, the company contributes an equal amount to each of these employees’ EPF accounts. Employees can take their funds out when they retire. This EPF fund can also be taken if the employee is no longer able to work or has left their job. If you want to get your epf balance check on your mobile number, you must fill out Form 19 and submit it.
When can you use Form 19?
Only use Form 19 if you intend to withdraw funds from your EPF account for final settlement. The Form 19 can also be used to withdraw pension benefits and obtain a non-refundable PF advance. The first two alternatives can be used while leaving a job or upon retiring. The final option, on the other hand, should only be employed when you are in service if certain circumstances are met.
What does Form 19 Contains?
EPF Form 19 is usually simply two pages long. On the first page, you must enter your personal information, contact information, and preferred payment method. On the first page, you’ll see the following fields:
- Name of father/husband and date of birth
- PF account number and/or Universal Account Number of your organization’s name and address (UAN)
- Permanent Account Number and the date and reason for quitting the job (PAN)
- postal address in its entirety
- Payment options include a money order on your behalf, an account payee check, or an electronic payment.
- An advance stamp receipt is on the second page. If you’ve chosen to pay by check, you’ll only need to fill it out.
Process to fill Form 19 Online
The process to fill Form 19 Online is a simple 13 step process. The steps to fill Form 19 Online are listed below:
- Visit the EPF Member Portal online.
- To sign in to the portal, enter your UAN, password, and captcha.
- Select ‘Claim Form – 31, 19, 10C & 10D’ from the ‘Online Services’ section.
- A pre-filled form with your name, father/name, husband’s date of birth, contact number, KYC details, and service details will be displayed on the Form 31, 19, 10C, and 10D page.
- You must double-check your bank account information and type in the last four digits of your account number in the text box. If you are the account’s authorized owner, click the ‘Verify’ button to verify the account.
- Once the verification is complete, mention information such as the Date of Ending (DOE), EPF, and EPS accounts. Along with this reason you will also be required to provide the reason for leaving.
- To sign the ‘Certificate of Undertaking,’ click on ‘Yes.’
- Select ‘Only PF Withdrawal (Form 19)’ from the drop-down menu under ‘I wish to apply for’.
- Click on ‘Get Aadhaar OTP’ after entering the complete postal address and selecting the disclaimer.
- On the registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP. In order to continue, enter the OTP in the required field.
- Send your application in.
- Upon successful submission, a reference number will appear on the screen.
- The amount withdrawn from your PF account will be deposited into your UAN-linked bank account.
Pre-requisites for filing Form 19
You must have the following items available before submitting Form 19 for withdrawal:
- On the epfo login Member site, you must activate your UAN.
- Ascertain that your UAN is linked to both your bank account and your PAN.
- Connect your phone number to your UAN account.
- Check to see if you’re eligible for a final settlement. The form will not be displayed if you are not eligible.
- You can only complete the paperwork once you’ve been out of work for two months or have retired.