Is your QuickBooks crashing? Does your QuickBooks close unexpectedly? If your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, don’t panic! It’s a pretty common occurrence. Users face this issue on the application from time to time. This can be caused by some minor bugs or glitches. The good news is, that this problem is easily fixable by following a few steps. So, keep reading this article, to know how to settle the problem like a pro and resume operating the software with ease.
Can’t understand the steps or are unable to fix the issue? Dial our 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate assistance from our technical team to resolve the problem.
Why are you Facing the QuickBooks Crash?
Your QuickBooks could be crashing because of the following reasons –
- You are not accessing the file properly.
- Damaged or corrupted company file.
- QuickBooks is not up-to-date.
- You have set the reports and files to auto-open in the software.
- Another user has already opened the file on a sharing network.
You may read also : Quickbooks Update Error 1625
How to Fix the Problem?
If your QuickBooks app keeps crashing, follow the given solutions –
Solution 1 – Ensure that you are Opening the Right File
Make sure that the file has a QBW extension. If you are not opening the right file, this error will pop escort antalya up.
Solution 2 – Update QuickBooks
Update the software by following the given steps –
- Right-click on the QB icon and select Run as Admin.
- Log in and go to the Help tab > Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now > Get Updates.
- Download the updates and restart QuickBooks.
- Select Install Updates and finish installing the updates.
Solution 3 – Check Issues with your Company File
Check if the problem is with QuickBooks or your company file –
- Open File Explorer from the Start menu.
- Go to the QuickBooks folder and open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Press the Ctrl key and double-click the QuickBooks icon and wait for the No Company Open window to show up on the screen.
- Try opening the company file and if it doesn’t open, try opening a sample file.
- If both QB and the company file don’t open, run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub and repair QuickBooks.
Solution 4 – Disable Workstation Hosting
Turn off hosting mode by going to the File menu > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-user Access. Repeat this step on all workstations and resolve the QuickBooks crashes when switching companies error.
Solution 5 – Rename the Network Data and Transaction Log Files
Change the .ND and .TLG file names.
- Locate the folder holding your company files from File Explorer and find the .ND and .TLG files.
- Right-click and select Rename. Change the name by adding extension .OLD at the end.
Solution 6 – Change the Company File Location
If your QuickBooks closes unexpectedly, moving the file to a new location might help.
- Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder on your desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks File menu and select Open or Restore Company File.
- Open the file you just moved to your desktop.
If you still cannot fix the QuickBooks crashes when opening company file issue? You might need advanced troubleshooting. Contact our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance with the same.
This blog is posted on Postingmil.com